Recommendations after remove tooth:
- Bite a sterile tampon for 15-30 minutes. In the case of prolonged bleeding, you can bite the sterile tampon again for another half an hour (sterile tampons are available at any pharmacy).
- It is worth to apply cold compresses to the cheek. It will reduce pain and possible swelling.
- Do not eat or drink for 2 hours.
- Do not smoke cigarettes, drink alcohol, drink hot liquids for 24 hours and do not rinse your mouth.
- In the evening, gently brush your teeth avoiding the injury.
- The clot located in the alveolus is the best dressing ensuring proper injury healing!
- Gray coating on the clot is a normal image of healing.
- If you need an anesthesia, you can take analgesics if necessary (PARACETAMOL, APAP, PANADOL, IBUPROM, NUROFEN, DEXAK, SOLPADEINE).
- If you have been prescribed additional medicines, take them as prescribed by your doctor.
- In case of prolonged bleeding or after a few days of severe pain, please contact our office as soon as possible phone number: 502 082 102.
- If the injury is stitched, please report after 7-10 days to remove the stitches.
Recommendations after implantation of the orthodontic microimplant:
- On the day of implantation take a dose of 800 mg Ibuprofen, then 400 mg in case of discomfort (pain).
- During 10 days, rinse your mouth with a 0.12% Chlorhexidine in a dose of 15 ml for 30 seconds 2 times per day.
- After 10 days rinse only in case of irritating the gums.
- Avoid contact implant by your tongue and hands.
- Do not chew anything hard, adhesive in the vicinity of the implant.
- In the case of the micro-infiltrator’s mobility, contact the attending physician, Gabinet Stomatologii Rodzinnej, phone number. 502-082-102.
- In order to maintain proper hygiene around the implant, it is advisable to use an irrigator.
Recommendations for people using the HYRAX device:
After putting on the apparatus, it seems quite massive and uncomfortable, because it reduces the amount of space in the mouth. During the widening of the jaw the patient may feel pressure or pain in the suborbital region or at the base of the nose, during this period there may also be gaps between the teeth (they are temporary). The apparatus may cause difficulty in swallowing and speaking for some time because it limits the space for the tongue during the adaptation period and makes it difficult to move. Most patients get used to the presence of the apparatus within one week.
To activate the apparatus, insert a special key into the hole in the middle of the screw, and then turn the screw backwards towards the throat until you feel resistance. Avoid eating sticky sweets and hard foods because they can cause cementing or breaking the apparatus. Drinks and foods should be eaten lukewarm! The temperature of the meal is not higher than 54˚C. Good oral hygiene and keeping the apparatus clean are very important. For this purpose, it is recommended to use special brushes that clean the spaces between the device and the palate. Brush your teeth after each meal, use mouthwash.
In case of problems such as:
- De-cementing or breaking the camera,
- Nose blooding,
- Feeling discomfort or pain a lot,
- Inability to activate the apparatus,
You should report to the office after making an earlier telephone contact.
Recommendations for a patient using a moving appliance:
1. Initial difficulties associated with excessive salivation, difficult swallowing and speaking, problems with falling asleep after more than a dozen hours wearing the apparatus
2. Observe diligently everyday hygiene of the mouth and the apparatus:
- Brush your teeth after every eating and before putting on the apparatus,
- The device should be washed with a separate brush and toothpaste or liquid soap,
- Put the apparatus in a special box so that it will not be damaged,
- Use tablets (to dissolve in water) to help keep the camera clean.
3. Wear the apparatus systematically, remove the camera only for meals.
The mobile device should be worn at least 5-6 hours during the day and all night, otherwise the treatment will be ineffective
4. Follow the doctor’s instructions, systematically turn the screw in the device according to the doctor’s instructions. The apparatus may not fit your teeth if you wear the camera too lightly or turn the screw too often
5. Report for inspection visits within the prescribed period. During the follow-up visit, report to your doctor all difficulties resulting from wearing the apparatus or disturbing symptoms. If you feel pain, report earlier by call.
6. Be patient and GOOD LUCK!
Recommendations after the lacquering procedure (the final stage of the hygiene procedure):
- On the day of the procedure, you should not drink acidic juices and fizzy drinks and eat citrus fruits. Recommended drink is water.
- After the varnishing process for min. 2 hours you should not eat or drink.
- On the day of the procedure, do not brush the teeth, so that the varnish covering the teeth lasts for 12 hours.
Recommendations for overlay whitening:
- Brush the teeth thoroughly before putting on the overlays.
- Fill the pads received from the dentist with a whitening gel in an amount not exceeding the head of the match, applying to the labio – buccal surface and then put in the mouth slightly pressing.
- The best time of using it is night.
- Before next putting overlay, clean the cover with a soft brush, rinse with water and dry.
- When wearing overlays, do not smoke and do not eat.
- During the period of whitening avoid products causing discoloration: coffee, strong tea, red wine, red borscht, blackcurrant juice, coca-cola, beets, soy sauce, etc.
- Whitening gel should not be used in pregnant or breast-feeding women.
- Keep bleaching gel away from heat, do not leave it in direct sunlight, do not freeze.
- Fillings (fillings) and prosthetic restorations (crowns, bridges) do not change color under the influence of bleaching agent.
- Dead teeth (after root canal treatment) may or may not bleach the above method.
- If tooth hypersensitivity occurs, interrupt the bleaching process for a day to a few days and apply a hypersensitive toothpaste over the whitening gel, in most patients the hypersensitivity of teeth to cold, sweet, hot, acid stimuli is a transient reaction that gradually persists.
- If you fell any doubt, contact your dentist.
Recommendations for patients during treatment with a fixed appliance:
What should you not eat while wearing the apparatus?
Such products include all strong products (hard fruits and vegetables – apples, pears, carrots, etc., biscuits, hard bread, hard sweets, nuts, so-called sweet bars) pulling and wrapping teeth (sweets Toffee, sweet juices) fruit, sweet carbonated drinks – Coca-cola).
How to care for your teeth during treatment (wearing the braces)?
You always have to take care of your teeth, and during treatment with a fixed apparatus especially, you should spend more time on hygiene, so that all tooth surfaces and apparatus elements are thoroughly cleaned. Special accessories for taking care of the camera and teeth, such as special brushes (interdental and single-tooth) toothpastes, mouthwashes are used for this purpose. Care for hygiene at this special time will help to avoid possible complications that are visible after removing the device ” white spots ” on the teeth (demineralized site = weakened enamel).
What is the wax for?
Wax is used to protect the sharp elements of the device, so as not to irritate the oral mucosa. It is not always used but only in justified cases. If after applying the device you feel that some of its elements rub the mucous membranes (usually around the rings or locks on the teeth set very incorrectly), you should use the wax, sticking it on those parts of the apparatus that cause these irritations. If the wax has been wiped off (washed or eaten) we will apply it again. Do you always wear a permanent appliance?
The pain threshold and the phenomena occurring during treatment are a very individual matter, some hurt more some people less and others at all. If pain occurs most often for the first 2-3 days after the visit, you can then take the painkiller prescribed by your doctor. The occurrence of pain after the visit is a normal phenomenon, it indicates the progressive correction of the position of the teeth, of course, if the pain does not occur, it does not mean that such a correction does not occur, it is painless for a given patient. If you are in a doubt, please contact your doctor.
What affects the discoloration of ligatures?
The discoloration of ligatures (in some orthodontic appliances and other parts of them) is influenced by food products that contain strong pigments). It can be::
- fruits or vegetables: red beets, red peppers (hot and sweet), cherries, black currant,
- cola, fruit juices, red wine,
- sauces containing coloring ingredients: with the addition of curry (or curcuma), soy souse, chili, tabasco, or other containing the above-mentioned coloring vegetables or fruits colored sweets: jelly, candy, ice cream and lollipops (especially those coloring the tongue).
Smoking may contribute to discoloration. The joints and arch usually do not get discolored, but there may be a raid due to the above-mentioned factors.
Problems with the orthodontic appliance usually appear at the least expected moment, e.g. on a dream holiday, before a big party or in the morning on Christmas Evening.
How to deal with such a situation? Many patients are afraid that such unauthorized interference with the apparatus may invalidate the effects of treatment so far and affect the position of the teeth, hence our good advice in the event of an orthodontic failure.
First of all, let’s not break down
The fixed device is glued to the teeth with a special glue with high bond strength. In order for the lock to detach, it is necessary to use a large force. It arises when biting very hard and strong food or objects (pencil, pen or your own nails).
Therefore, it is safest to follow the instructions given to you by your doctor, do not chew gum and give up hard candies, and foods such as carrots, apples, nuts, stone fruit, chocolate bars, bread rinds, rusks and toast, etc. – eaten shredded or in small pieces.
A detachable brace
Sometimes, however, despite the precautions taken, the device is damaged anyway. The most common failure is the removal of the orthodontic bracket. The lock moves and moves, but does not fall out, because it is still attached to the arch with special ligatures or latches. The movable, loosely hanging zip on the arch may, however, cause discomfort, although usually it does not involve pain.
Sometimes it happens that the tube (or the last element of the camera) will peel off and slip off the arch. You should then keep the loose element and bring it with you on the first subsequent inspection visit. The removal of the zipper usually does not require immediate arrival at the office, but it is worth contacting the doctor by phone, characterizing the problem and asking for further instructions. Cracking, deformation of the orthodontic wire – is a more serious type of failure, because it can cause irritation to the mucous membrane of the cheek, gums or lips. If the moving part bothers us, causes wounds and abrasions, it should be pulled out of the zipper, using the usual cosmetics pincers. Grasp the front part of the wire and pull it gently towards you. If the bow is distorted and protrudes beyond the ring or tube, you can try to cut the irritating tip yourself using a nail clip or cover with a special wax or silicone, which the patient received immediately after inserting the device.
Disassembly of the orthodontic ring
is a more serious type of failure, because it can cause irritation to the mucous membrane of the cheek, gums or lips. If the moving part bothers us, causes wounds and abrasions, it should be pulled out of the zipper using the usual cosmetic tweezers. Grasp the front part of the wire and pull it gently towards you. If the bow is distorted and protrudes beyond the ring or tube, you can try to cut the irritating tip yourself using eg a nail clip / cuticle or cover with a special wax or silicone, which the patient received immediately after inserting the device.
Unclogging the orthodontic ring
the movable ring can rub the gum and press against the surface of the tooth around which it was mounted, creating a risk of developing caries. If for a long time we do not have the opportunity to go to the orthodontist, the ring should be removed and taken for the next check-up.
Abrasion of the mucosa, aphta
at the end of each follow-up visit, we ask the patient if everything is alright, none of the elements of the apparatus causes discomfort, but after a few days the situation may change, because orthodontic treatment consists in moving the teeth.
A protective preparation, e.g. a dental Solcoseryl (available from a pharmacy) and / or alternatively an Elugel healing preparation, can be used on the mucosa.
Failures of mobile devices
the most common type of damage is the cracking of the acrylic plate of the camera and the crack or bending of the wire element. In any case, pick up damaged parts of the camera and place them in a zip bag or box. Typically, this type of damage can be repaired in the lab after having taken impressions before, while the bent wire parts are often re-fitted in the office. In the event of other breakdowns or any situation of concern, please contact the office. During the telephone conversation, we will provide necessary information and, if necessary, we will set a fast date for the visit.
Some very important information for everyday life…
- If you notice discoloration or roughness on your teeth, come as soon as possible! It may be possible to heal the change without drilling; with the help of cleaning up the sediment and polishing it.
- When a tooth starts to ache, do not wait until the pain develops! Most often it ends with tooth poisoning and root canal treatment. Come immediately! There is then a chance to put on a dressing with a medicine that will relieve pain and keep the tooth alive! Such teeth are more valuable. The condition is immediate start of dental treatment (no longer than within 2 days), when the nerve changes are still reversible.
- If your gums bleed while brushing, come to us with your toothbrush. We will show you what you can do for your gums to minimize bleeding and what to avoid when brushing, so as not to harm your teeth.
- If your child in the yard, as a result of an uncontrolled fall or collision with a colleague or scooter, a tooth injury will occur, do not panic! First you need to find the missing tooth, calm down the child and immediately report to the dentist !!! Put the tooth after cleansing from the ground into the child’s mouth and transport it to the office under the tongue, making sure that it is not swallowed by child. If the child does not want to hold it under the tongue, insert the tooth in saline (available in the pharmacy). Such a tooth, after proper preparation, can be reimplanted, or put back into the socket. The shorter the reaction time, the reimplantation results are better. It can then serve in the mouth for many years to fulfill its full task.
- If, as a result of biting something hard, you balance the previously unstable tooth in your mouth, do not panic! Come immediately! There is a chance to set such a tooth in the previous position and immobilize it by gluing with modern tapes to neighboring teeth.
- If you have loose teeth, visit us right away. Do not make the decision to remove the teeth yourself. Sometimes it is enough to professionally clean the pockets of stone and sediment, plan the way of splinting teeth and there is a chance to keep your teeth for some time in the mouth.
- Do not remove the tooth just because it is broken! If you have to remove your teeth, it’s only a last step! If your tooth breaks evenly with the gum, do not write it down. It is a natural implant (the best implant in the world because it’s your own !!!) which is enough to heal the canal, strengthen the crown-root post and rebuild a beautiful, natural-looking tooth on it. This solution is also the cheapest way to rebuild a broken tooth. If after breaking the same tooth you decide to remove it, you will have to deal with much higher costs of missing the tooth. The artificial tooth will not stick to the gum itself. It should be based on two adjacent teeth, which raises the cost of insertion three times immediately. It is necessary to properly prepare adjacent teeth and make a three-point bridge. However, if you want to spare neighboring teeth, you have an implant that is an artificial root inserted surgically into the bone. This solution is already very expensive and is done to faithfully reproduce the root you just decided to remove.
give us a chance to help you and take care of your smile!
Do not hesitate! Come! We are welcome!
You will make the decision yourself and take it yourself!